I have only seen the movie adaptation, but I recently saw this fun book tag on Erica Robyn Reads (which she created) and absolutely loved it!
I encourage you to participate too! I always love hearing everyone’s answers. Please remember to link Erica along with my blog to your answers/post.
Ok..so let’s start!
1. The Bad Beginning- Name a book or a series that you had trouble getting into, but ended up loving.
Wicked by Gregory Maguire
I literally read the 1st chapter 3 times before getting into it. I feel like I had to be in the mood to read it, which is probably why it took a few tries.
2. The Fire- Name a book that you wouldn’t rush to douse with water if it happened to catch fire.
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
I don’t mean to sound insensitive, since this book was about a woman’s journey to finding herself again after her divorce. But it really seemed like A LOT of complaining and whining. I hated it. Sorry. Just my opinion.
3. The Orphans- Name a book duology, trilogy, or series that you wish had been a stand-alone book.
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
By the end of this series, it just got a little ridiculous and felt like the author just added a bunch of nonsense in order to complete the story.
4. Mischievous Schemes- Name a character (or characters) that always seemed to be up to something.
Greg Heffley from Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
5. The Eye- Name a book scheduled to be released in 2017 that you’ve had your eye on.
The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
6. Disguises- Name a book that you read and loved but would never have picked up if you had judged the book by its cover.
Only Time Will Tell by Jeffrey Archer & The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
7. The Villain- Who is your favorite book villain?
Lady Tremaine from Cinderella & Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty
I love fairytales. These women had a case of the green-eyed monster and were cruel for no reason other than jealousy.
8. Letters- If you could write a letter to tell your past self to read a certain book, what book would that be and why?
Anne of Green Gables by L. M Montgomery
This book was written by a Canadian author and follows the adventures of an orphan girl named Anne Shirley. She is sent to live with Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert who are two older siblings. However, they had originally wanted to adopt a boy to help out on their farm, Green Gables.
Anne is a smart, talkative and imaginative little red-head who sometimes finds herself getting into trouble.
9. Clever Inventions- Name an invention from a book that you wish was real.
The Time Machine by H.G Wells
How cool would it be to travel back and forth through time?!
10. Mob Mentality- Name a book that you read based solely on the recommendation of others but didn’t enjoy.
All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
While this novel was beautifully written, it was incredibly slow and boring for me.
11. The V. F. D.- Name a book or a series you’ve read that is about a secret society.
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
12. The Sugar Bowl- Name a book that you used to own, but can no longer find.
I don’t have an answer for this one since I’m still able to find and replace any books I used to have.
13. Unhappy Endings- What book or book series did you feel ended badly or in a way that you did not like? (NO SPOILERS!)
Hmm. As much as I enjoyed All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda, at the end I was like “WTF? That’s it?”
Same with Orphan Train by Christina Baker. The ending was abrupt.
Have you read the books or seen the movie? Did you like it?