It was a bummer to find out my youngest son has a wheat intolerance. I looove pastries, bread and baked goods. Obviously. And let’s face it. Gluten-free baked goods just don’t taste the same, and sometimes aren’t as good. So I’ve been experimenting in the kitchen to come up with tasty gluten-free cookies that my kids will actually like. Myself included. 😊
The most challenging part, is making cookies that are allergen free. But I finally came up with something my kids approve of: Coconut Cookies. They’re gluten-free, egg free, soy free and nut free.
• 2/3 cup of White rice flour
• 2/3 cup of Coconut Flour
• 1/3 cup of Corn Starch
• 1 cup of Organic Cane Sugar
• 1/4 cup of Milk
• 2 tsp. Organic aluminum free baking powder
• 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
• 1 cup of Butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flours, baking powder & salt.
3. In mixer, whip butter and sugar until light & fluffy. Add milk and keep mixing.
4. Slowly add flour until well blended. Scoop dough onto parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until lightly brown. Let cool for 2 minutes.