With Christmas just around the corner, it’s the perfect excuse to indulge in sweets. I mean, who doesn’t love chocolate? Unfortunately, I have a soy allergy and my daughter has a severe peanut allergy. Thus, finding chocolate that isn’t laced with soy or produced in a nut free environment can be a challenge. Thankfully, there’s the Enjoy Life brand. It’s peanut free, nut free & soy free! YES!
Now to top it all off, I also suffer from severe eczema, which means egg whites are a no no. So you will notice that all my baked recipes use only the egg yolks. Why? The yolks are low in histamine, but I won’t bore you with all the details. Let’s start baking shall we?
• 2 1/4 cup unbleached flour
• 1 cup of butter
• 1 cup of yellow or light brown sugar
• 1/2 organic cane sugar
• 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
• 1 tsp pink salt or sea salt
• 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
• 4 egg yolks (if using whole eggs, you only need 2)
• 1 cup of Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream together butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt). Add dry ingredients to mixture.
4. Stir in chocolate chips. Place on baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cool for 2 minutes.