If you haven’t already noticed, I have a serious sweet tooth. Waffles are really simple and easy to make. Even my 10 year old can make them without my help.
What you need:
• a waffle maker
• fresh strawberries (I like to buy local when available)
• olive oil to grease waffle maker.
• 2 cups of unbleached flour
• 3-4 tbsp of melted butter
• 2 cups of milk
• 2 eggs
• 2 tbsp of cane sugar
• 2 tsp of baking powder
• 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp. sea salt or pink salt
• vanilla ice cream of your choice. I usually go to a local ice cream bar where they make their own ice cream.
• Maple syrup (optional) and/or confectioners sugar for dusting. I live in Canada, so I am fortunate to be able to get locally made maple syrup.
Cook time – 3 min.
1. Preheat waffle maker.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Add wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
4. Pour mixture onto waffle maker, a bit at a time (approx. 1/2 a cup)
5. Dust confectioners sugar on waffle and add toppings!
Do you like waffles? What’s your favourite dessert?